Best Aviation Datasets, Databases & APIs
Aviation Data - Reach the Decision Makers in Aviation Industry to Reap Maximum ROI
Aviation (Airlines) Data | Grepsr
Transport and Logistics Data | Grepsr
India Customs Trade Data (Both Export & Import from 2012 to 2021)
Flights Tracker API - Live Airplane Location Data
Alqami Global Business Travel Data | Flight & Hotel (tickerized, POS transactions)
Airport API - 1Million requests package
Indonesia Customs Trade Data (Both Export & Import from 2018 to 2021)
Airline Routes API - Passive Airline Route Data
Alqami Airport Landing Slot Data UK, Canada, New Zealand | Passenger & Freight with 25 years history
The Ultimate Guide to Aviation Data 2022
What is Aviation Data?
Aviation data is information about the mechanical flight and aircraft industries. This information includes airports, flights, crews, air traffic, logistics analysis, air cargo, and accidents. It also provides real-time flight updates and canceled flight annoucements, as well as air traffic management to ensure smooth flow of vessels. Aviation data is based on statistics from the aircraft industry, and it can be used to gain insights to improve traffic management.
How is Aviation Data collected?
Aviation data is collected through different sources. However, the primary source of information is the Civil Aviation authorities of different states. Other sources include online websites and articles, airports, cargo and passenger companies, and news media. These sources analyze and organize data in graphs, charts, statistical data, and figures. The role of data providers is to collect, clean, filter and enrich the flight data and then compile it into datasets.
What are the typical attributes of Aviation Data?
These are the typical attributes found in an aviation dataset:
• Traffic attributes: aviation data contains traffic information on public flights, air traffic control, and air cargo routes.
• Aircraft attributes: this refers to the type of aircraft used, the time and place of arrival and departure, crew and members, capacity and load, flight history including accident data, and canceled or delayed aircraft.
• Airport attributes: this refers to the name of available airports – commercial or private. This also includes the available routes and landing sites.
What is Aviation Data used for?
Aviation data is used by transport companies and industries related to aviation. This data can be used as a reference for the improvement of air traffic management and control. Another use for this data is to improve fuel efficiency because fuel is the second-highest expense in aircraft industries. For the protection of the public, this data can also be used to tighten and improve airline safety.
How can a user assess the quality of Aviation Data?
A high-quality aviation dataset will uphold the following quality aspects:
• Relevant: ensuring the quality of aviation data involves checking that it’s related to its intended use cases. Flight data must be applicable and useful to generate sound insights.
• Reliable: this refers to the source of information. Since aviation data is technical information, data must be from credible sources like the civil aviation authorities. The data must also be accurate and free from error.
• Timeliness: to ensure the timeliness of aviation data, the data must be real-time, and frequent updates should be carried out for aviation datasets.
Where can I buy Aviation Data?
Data providers and vendors listed on Datarade sell Aviation Data products and samples. Popular Aviation Data products and datasets available on our platform are Aviation Data - Reach the Decision Makers in Aviation Industry to Reap Maximum ROI by Blue Mail Media, Aviation (Airlines) Data | Grepsr by Grepsr, and Transport and Logistics Data | Grepsr by Grepsr.
How can I get Aviation Data?
You can get Aviation Data via a range of delivery methods - the right one for you depends on your use case. For example, historical Aviation Data is usually available to download in bulk and delivered using an S3 bucket. On the other hand, if your use case is time-critical, you can buy real-time Aviation Data APIs, feeds and streams to download the most up-to-date intelligence.